SIMPLOT’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
Published on April 06 2020
the j.r. cesframe.company’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities where we work. when faced with decisions and business practices that may impact health and safety, we always proceed with an abundance of caution and we remain vigilant in this dedication throughout the unfolding impact and health concerns of covid-19 (coronavirus).
hg0088皇冠登录our customers and industry partners are a key part of our critical business activities and we are committed to all of you who share in our purpose as we contribute to feeding our world. in these uncertain times, that purpose is more important than ever, and we are here to support the critical work of our customers and the entire agriculture and food industry. as the covid-19 issue continues to impact our communities, we want to let you know what we’re doing to ensure our continued service, health and safety.
- To ensure ongoing protection of our customers and employees we have implemented travel and visitation restrictions for our employees, visitors and industry partners. This includes canceling international business and domestic commercial travel.
- To handle the ongoing impact of this situation and continue to meet your needs, we have deployed a cross-functional team responsible for ensuring our business continuity protocols address agency guidance and best practices related to COVID-19. This includes building and revising action plans and communications to meet frequently changing needs, and planning for future scenarios.
- We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local health agencies for the latest developments related to COVID-19 and following the guidance of government and public health officials and reinforcing these agencies’ recommendations with our employees.
- In addition to these steps, we have and will continue to take steps to reduce risk and exposure to our employees, customers, partners and the communities where we operate. Some of these include:
- Employee and visitor temperature testing at all food processing, handling and distribution locations.
- Closing our corporate headquarters and other locations where employees can work from home.
- Implementing physical distancing requirements and staggering work and break periods.
- Re-emphasizing our good manufacturing practice (GMP) guidelines around hygiene, handwashing and other health and wellness-related concerns.
- Additional cleaning throughout all facilities, particularly in common, high-traffic and food-related work areas.
the efforts we have taken, and will continue to take, are meant to protect our workforce and help our customers and industry partners provide food to our world. we will continue to monitor this situation and adapt our efforts in this pursuit. thank you for your industry partnership and for helping us endure this situation safely and effectively.